Guests enjoyed beer generously donated by Sawtooth Brewery and wines purchased from tenant 5B Vino Valet. KIC CEO and Executive Director Kathryn Kemp Guylay prepared a healthy, REAL hot chocolate bar and healthy, and delicious cuisine (recipes hyperlinked below!).
Teen volunteers Elena and Alex Guylay, and Ethan Hunt helped the evening run smoothly.
Kathryn, along with KIC Board Chair Rick LeFaivre and newly elected Mayor Neil Bradshaw (outgoing KCDC chair) touched upon KIC’s 2017 milestones and what to expect in 2018 — a next level of growth for the KIC.
- Between October- December alone, we’ve had 21 programming workshops and events, which hosted more than 500 people!
- We launched the KIC Women’s Entrepreneur Group, a women-focused group to provide free programming and mentorship to support local women entrepreneurs, existing business owners, and all women aspiring to improve their skills. The group is already at nearly 100 members and growing, with a broad range of valuable, real word experience.
- We added some tremendous leaders to our incredibly supportive board, whom we GREATLY appreciate.
- Rick LeFaivre, Chairman of the Board, 40 years of accomplishment as a computer scientist, professor, R&D executive, venture investor
- Cheryl Allaire, Esq., Secretary, Partner, Mathieu, Ranum & Allaire, PLLC
- Cece Gassner, Development Committee Chair, Division of Research and Economic Development, Director, Economic Development, Boise State University
- Christy Anna Gerber, Mentorship Committee Chair, Executive Coach
- Tatyana Gray, Capital Solutions Committee Chair, Founder, SHOOTessa.com
- Courtney Hamilton, Ketchum City Council Member; Home Energy Auditor & Office Manager, John Reuter Greenworks
- Jan Hegewald, Community Outreach Chair, Resource Development Manager, College of Business – Western Governors University
- Gary Lipton, Ketchum URA Board Member; Owner, Lipton Fine Arts
- Dan Vallimarescu, Friends of the KIC & National Outreach Chair, Advisory Board Chair, BUILD NYC; Advisor, BusinessAdvising.org
We remain grateful for our WONDERFUL KIC tenants doing amazing things:
- 5B Vino Valet
- AirProxima Inc
- Cypress Partners
- Eye on Sun Valley
- Modula S Inc
- The Chamber
- KDPI Radio 88.5 Ketchum
2018 Year Ahead
Next level programming: KIC’s leadership team and board of directors remain deeply to committed to building an innovative and supportive business ecosystem for the local entrepreneurial economy.
KIC will continue to focus its energy on delivering exceptional programming, mentorship and networking resources. We are already planning our 2018 calendar of events for you, starting with January.
- Thurs., Jan 4, 5-6 p.m.: KIC IdeaBounce sponsored by Sawtooth Brewery, 5-6 pm
- Wed., Jan. 17, 5:30-7 p.m.: KIC Women’s Entrepreneur Group event
- Mon., Jan 22, 10 a.m.: Chance meetings on the Mountain
- Tues., Jan. 23, 5:30-7 p.m.: Under 30: WTF am I doing here? Vision and goal setting for young adults
- Thurs., Jan. 25, Noon- p.m.: 10 ways to be more productive in 2018
KIC IdeaBounce Sponsor Sawtooth Brewery
We thank our generous board, donors and volunteers, tenants and the entire KIC community, and look forward to continuing our ‘innovation at elevation’ with you, here in the Wood River Valley!