Thank you so much for attending the Dec. 12 KIC Women’s Entrepreneur Group event at the Ketchum Innovation Center!|
What a wonderful evening of Vision and Goal Setting for 2018, cookies and socializing!
KIC CEO and entrepreneur Kathryn Kemp Guylay walked the group through six “mantras” that can allow us all to maximize success in the New Year.
Her mantras are from her book, Mountain Mantras, published in 2015 and set in Sun Valley – we hope attendees are enjoying a free copy! The six mantras, along with the supporting tools and techniques are:
- Mantra #1: Change your lens on life. Apply positive psychology to your life to maximize your happiness factor. Be positive and SMILE. We talked about Amy Cuddy’s work and body positioning. Read more here: Stop the whining.
- Mantra #2: Get some good boots on. Build a strong foundation of education and experience. We talked about how all education and experience, even as mundane as “wax on, wax off” from the Karate Kid all adds up to something spectacular.
- Mantra #3: Zoom out for the best view. Don’t be a hamster on a wheel! See the forest from the trees. Have vision.
- Mantra #4: Plant your poles. Set incremental goals that are measurable and achievable.
- Mantra #5: Embrace the yard sale. Learn from (and treasure) mistakes.
- Mantra #6: Commit! Don’t be a squirrel and keep changing your mind. We talked about local SkiCross legend Langely McNeal deals with fear and self doubt.Here is the video from the presentation.
Here is Kathryn’s contact information if you wish to follow up with her:
9x Award winning and bestselling author.
Executive Director, Nurture
Happy holidays and NEW YEAR!
We can’t wait to see you at our next event- the Ketchum Innovation Center!